On Wednesday, August 27th, I coordinated efforts with Chase Livingston via Skype to make WordPress Meetup Southwest Florida an official member of the WordPress community. “With great power comes great responsibility” in this case with a few good-faith rules for WordPress meetup, created by a group of volunteer meetup organizers:(quoted directly from the WordPress.org meetup up chapter program)
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
- Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
So far the good faith rules…