For the last two weeks, we ran a Topics Survey with 10 Topics to fill the next six slots for our monthly meetings at the Rocket Lounge.
Here are the results:
|Topic||Very interested||Interested||Not at all interested||Votes||Points|
|Tools & Plugins to Schedule Social Media posts||11||13||2||26||33|
|How to set-up an ecommerce site and evaluate features||13||8||5||26||29|
|Top 10 Plugins or which Plugins do you need for your site||13||6||7||26||25|
|Understanding WordPress Vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, WTF)||11||9||6||26||25|
|How to get backlinks for your site and how to disawow bad ones||7||14||5||26||23|
|Creating web apps with WordPress & Gravity Forms||7||12||7||26||19|
|3rd Party Editors for WordPress||6||12||8||26||16|
|The Business of being a Web Developer||7||9||10||26||13|
|Make WP_CLI Work For You: Extending WP_CLI With Custom Commands||8||6||12||26||10|
|How to find and work with hosting companies?||3||8||15||26||-1|
The Top 6 Topics will be scheduled.
We already have speakers for the following topics:
- How to set-up an e-commerce site and evaluate features – Chris Christoff
- Understanding WordPress Vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, WTF) – Chris Wiegman
- Creating web apps with WordPress & Gravity Forms – Colleen Brady
- Tools & Plugins to Schedule Social Media posts – Birgit Pauli-Haack on September 21, 2017
We are in the process of coordinating dates with the speakers. The meetings will be announced on Meetup. but you can already mark your calendars with the dates.
Save the Meeting Dates:
All 6 pm all at Rocket Lounge, Downtown, Fort Myers.
- September 21, 2017 – Tools & Plugins to Schedule Social Media posts
- October 19, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- December 21, 2017
- January 18, 2018, and
- February 15, 2018
Question: What topics do you find missing?
- Dealing with online harassment; hiding identity online — (not a WordPress topic)
- WordPress 101
- How to prevent or avoid spam comments and messages, if that’s even possible (Should be covered in the Plugin Topic)
- Troubleshooting – where DIY’ers can find help for some nagging issues
- REST API
- Best practices for developers
We keep the suggestions related to WordPress for the next survey, which will be held in December.