Last week our Topic survey came to an end. Here are the results.
- June 25: How To Find The Best WordPress Plugins For You
- July 23: Google Analytics for Website Owners
- August 27: Best Plugins to manage Photos on your site
- September 24: Social Media and Your website
- October 22: Email Marketing w/ WordPress and beyond
- November 19: 360 View on Jetpack Plugin Suite
We are always looking for presenters, so don’t be shy connect with organizer Birgit Pauli-Haack at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to contribute to any of the above listed topics or to different topics.
Just a reminder for all folks involved as volunteers, presenters or attendees, we are an official WordPress Meetup and adhere to the Five Good Faith Rules
Suggestions for Topics (Questions 11)
- Speak on the recent meeting in Miami if anyone attended.
- The fuzzy world of menus, categories. Best way to set up website architecture.
- Revenue producing ideas (as consultant or other)
- WordPress Multisite
- How to select the right company (or person) to do all of this for you – questions to ask and expectations to set.
- How to get fresh material for the website from members and not just the admin.
- These all seem to be popular topics that I would like to learn more about
- Speed Optimization
Free Text Comments provided by participants of the survey
- Cover as a step by step approach and provide “tips and cautions” for each step
- Self-hosted: Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back.
- self-hosted: I already have a self hosted wordpress website but I would like to learn more about wordpress and how to get more exposure for my site
- Managing event photo albums (large groups of photos), including controlling download capability, watermarks, etc.
- Photo sizing and changing page layout.
- and Videos
- I have several plugins now but would like to learn about more
- With so many plug-ins that seem to do the same thing, how do you decide which ones to install and use?
- I’m seeking the best multi use themes, covering writers, photography and travel.
- not sure what you mean by “core concepts” – design, use, something else?
- bootstrap? multi-site?
- How to change some elements of a theme to customize it
- What social media should we join as corporations (nonprofit).
- I’m unsure what the BuddyPress program is. I’m interested in know more if it is beneficial for my needs.
- Create an ancestory site… something everyone could relate to as the example?
- I do not know what this is.
- Not sure what this is.
- I would like to learn more about the program.
- Jetpack: my host tells me jetpack is buggy, vulnerable, and causes high overhead/use of server resources. are they right?
- Google Analytics:
- I have signed up however, I have not initiated the program to completion.
- Very very!